Open Source C Engineer
Poznan, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Gothenburg
Want to revolutionize IoT development?
In our team we develop Renode - an open source development framework for embedded systems that allows you to emulate complicated multi-node environments. We bring what's best in open source software development to the world of embedded, with testing capabilities, continuous integration and rapid prototyping.
As a team member you will work on emulation of various computer architectures, such as RISC-V, ARM or x86. You will be expected to learn the details of the Linux kernel and other open source operating systems, working on improving the Renode workflow and extending its capabilities. You will be required to analyze the performance of and to create unit tests for your code. You will have to solve complex problems that might include working with assembly, code generation, code translation, interoperability between higher and lower level languages and portability between different OSes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, electronics or related fields
- expertise in C programming
- "hacker" mindset
- readiness for everyday work in Linux
- great skill in working with large codebases
- willingness to learn about computer architecture
- experience in Git
- interest in open source projects
- great skill in working with GNU toolchain and others, like LLVM
- basic understanding of assembly
- ability to work with other languages, especially Python
- good command of English
- ability and willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- full-time employment only (no B2B, no agencies)
- eligibility to work in the EU
This is an onsite opportunity. For a list of offices see our locations pages.
If you meet the listed criteria and want to join our team, apply by filling in our application form.
If you are still studying full-time, but wish to apply for the position in the future, you can take an internship program with us.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.